Monday, October 18, 2010

Gotta get exposure....

I would like to do my part in boosing the internet traffic to a developing and interesting company, the Colorad Yurt Company.  While still a small company, they are doing the right steps to create a strong online product that supports their base product.  The website has a clean and easy to use design with images of the product and contact information on every page. The have thier own blog as well which helps for boosting their company during searches. It would help to duplicate their description tag withing the page construction.  According to Michael Fleischner in SEO Made Simple, by duplicating your description tag in a website it has a direct impact with MSN search engines.  They also need to add a keyword tag to thier source code inorder to educate search engines of thier website.  Finally one more code that would be a useful addition to the site is a robot tag with an "all" indication to push web spiders to read through the entire site while seaching.  I approve of their site design yet they have a multitude of options to increase thier exposure.  Many like Facebook are free or cheap to join and are well connected!

1 comment:

  1. A Yurt. Now one would think that I would have never heard of the Yurt. Not true. Actually, I have looked at the company's advertisement (several) in magazine subscriptions(so no, I don't live in a Yurt). The subscriptions are with Mother Earth News and GRIT. With that said, I found your post interesting and thoughtful on what they can do to improve SEO. At some point, I will have to visit their blog to see what is being posted.

    I agree that after visiting their site that there are many ways they can improve online exposure. I am going to hate saying this but I think this might be a company, at least for now, that would benefit from both old and new marketing. The only reason I say this is because I believe that many of their targeted audience (I might be wrong) live in rural areas and have limited online access.

    Great post (very interesting).

    Julie Speikers

    ReplyDelete